Sunday, July 3, 2011

Please give a warm welcome to SoftieCafe


I have had the great pleasure of talking to Shay, the owner of SoftieCafe. As a dietitian, I am particularly fond of this shop because Shay makes health play food! We both agree playing with these items can generate good eating habits. Of course, we all need to indulge from time to time, so you'll also find the good stuff too. In addition to felt food, she also makes adorable sensory toys. Here is one of my favorites:

Crinkle Sensory Toy Owl - Paley

A little more about Shay and her Etsy shop: 

What is the most popular item in your shop?

Q: How has your shopped changed since it opened?
A: My shop has evolved over the past two years, I have stopped making my taggie blankets to focus more on my sensory baby toys and felt food. Also I have a sucessfull facebook fanpage for SoftieCafe and hopefully start a Blog when time allows.

Q: What is the best business decision you ever made?
A: To start my Line of Crinkle toys

Q: Worst?
A: Seems like I lack the time to go to craft shows and markets

Q: What advice do you have for new sellers on Etsy?
A: Best advice- Make your items unique! Dont copy other sellers, the best items are made from the heart!

Q: How do you come up with new ideas? 
A: My two wonderful children are my every day inspiration

Q: What is the best compliment your shop/you have received?
A: I have a repeat Client that I make custom orders for. She owns a business that throws childrens themed Bday parties. She always emails me and tells me how much the last party enjoyed my items )


Q: Just for fun, what is your favorite shop on Etsy?
A: I love TheDirtyHousewife, such yummy soaps!


SoftieCafe has graciously agreed to giving 10% off an entire purchase to our blog readers.Use the code MODERN10 at checkout!


Thanks a bunch Shay!


-Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment