Sunday, February 15, 2015

While You Were Sleeping: Stitch Fix Review #2 February 2015

One of my favorite things about Stitch Fix is trying on clothes in the privacy of my own home. I tried this fix on while the baby took a nap nearby.

For those of you just joining me, Stitch Fix is an online clothing subscription box. You simply create a profile of your sizes and style preferences, write a note for your personal stylist, and schedule a date to receive your first fix. They send you 5 surprise items, you keep what you love and mail the rest back. The cost is $20 per box, but if you decide to keep an item this goes toward it. Shipping is free both ways. You can select the type of items you want to receive, such as tops, pants, purses, etc.

My first fix was so great I kept everything, which qualified my order for 25% off the grand total. You can read about it here.

I receive a little store credit if you click here:
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/melanierhoades?sod=w&som=c

For my second fix I decided to be a little more adventurous. I scoured the web looking for cute clothes and pinned several to my pinterest board. I shared it with my stylist and I could tell she had thoughtfully considered it. You can view my board here.

Now for the reveal, and this time I took pictures of myself wearing the clothes. Be kind!

Renee C. Top & Mystree Cardigan
Renee C
Tucker Split Back Blouse $54
Size Just right
Price Just right
Style Like it
Fit/Cut Love it
Comments: Almost too short. Color slightly off. Odd to find polyester that wrinkles. I'm afraid to wash it. Can't figure out what to wear it with except ponte dress pants. Too shiny/dressy.


Back Renee C Blouse
Renee C material

Mystree Cardigan Close Up
Mystree
Esperanza Open Stitch Cardigan $68
Size Just right
Price Too high
Style Just ok
Fit/Cut Like it
Comments: Wish it were more navy or gray. Wish it had pockets. Was see through, cold. Hard to stuff sleeves in and pair. Crochet made me feel old. Flare and shape was great. Too fragile to wear with kids.

Liverpool Jeans
Liverpool
Mira Skinny Jean $78
Size Just right
Price Too high
Style Just ok
Fit/Cut Hate it
Comments: Had a hole. Fit but overemphasized my thighs. Too thick to wear as leggings. I have to cover my butt. Color odd. 


Liverpool Jeans Close Up
Daniel Rainn
Bilson Pleat Detail Tunic $74
Size Just right
Price Too high
Style Just ok
Fit/Cut Like it
Comments: I can't wear pale colors, except gray. Pleats weren't flattering, ended at baby bump. Made me feel old. The material is good. Had the casual comfy feeling I want. Please try similar again.

Daniel Rainn Dress

Daniel Rainn
Aretha Abstract Print Dress $108
Size Too Big
Price Too high
Style Like it
Fit/Cut Just ok
Comments: I realize I more or less asked for this, but it didn't work on my pear shape. I didn't like the small patter or color. Too formal.

Daniel Rainn Dress Material
Other comments: I like navy, gray and black. I love tunics. I love open cardigans but they have to fit over clothes. I need mostly casual clothes, for layering. My clothes need to be practical, sturdy, was easy. I'm more likely to keep items under $50.

I only kept the Renee C blouse, but it was more a budget issue than anything else. I will definitely do Stitch Fix again soon. I really love my stylist (Thanks Traci!)

If you decide to try Stitch Fix I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for sleeping baby!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the process with us--I appreciate the trust there. I know it's a personal thing, but wanted to pipe up and say that I think the tunic looks nice on you. If I saw you wearing it I would think it is a good color for you. But in the end what really matters is how you feel when you are wearing it, or how you think it makes you look. I'm sure your stylist will keep narrowing it down until she sends mostly "just right" items because it sounds as if she is really interested in getting it right. Isn't that refreshing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the input. I probably would've kept the tunic if it weren't out of my price range. Also, my daughter and husband didn't like it. It is refreshing to be heard!

      Delete