Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #7 July 2015

 This Stitch Fix came just in time for a very patriotic, 4th of July reveal!
I asked for some red, white & blue and I received a boxful. So much so that when my husband saw it sprawled out on the bed he asked if they'd sent me Nancy Reagan's wardrobe, hahahahaha.


Isn't this a lovely combination? I really love the care that goes into the Stitch Fix packaging.
I feel like I'm opening up a Christmas present every time.


I also love seeing the style cards with recommendations for how to wear every item.


It's nice to be able and request items for special occasions, too.
I requested red, white and blue for a patriotic concert.

I think I always try my favorite thing out of the box on first, so naturally I reached for this lovely Daniel Rainn Croft Button Down Blouse I'd pinned. I'd spotted this on the Stitch Fix blog and loved the floral print and cut of the top. It has a great texture, and is super soft. It's also fully lined, and added bonus.

Here's the pin:


I really love to wear white, but solid white tops wash me out. This print is the perfect answer to that dilemma. Trying florals is completely new to me, and this one is feminine and sweet, not bold and trendy, keeping it in my comfort zone. Is has quite a few of my favorite colors to wear in it, too.


Here's a close up of the material. See the chevron pattern in the fabric behind the print? It's subtle, adding a little dimension. This feels like an expensive shirt.  I was going to send it back because it's too small (some Daniel Rainn runs on the smaller side), but Stitch Fix for the win, they sent me a medium! I couldn't let this one go, I knew I'd regret it.


I also requested another pair of jeans. My personal stylist knows I'm a dark wash kind of gal, and I am totally wearing out my go to Loft modern straight jeans. These are the DL1961 Saira Straight Leg Jeans, $98.


Unfortunately, these were more skinny than they were straight. I know a lot of women these days are wearing skinny jeans but I don't think they flatter my pear shape. Here they are with my next item, the Daniel Rainn Hal Crew Neck Blouse in Cobalt, $68.


That photo just didn't capture the color well, both the jeans and the top have a lot more indigo to them. Here's a close up of the top.


Can you see the unusual neckline on the back of this top? I've never seen it before, and I've done a lot of shopping! This top is also textured. One thing I really appreciate about this top is that you can wear it without a camisole or any special undergarments.

As much as I love blue, I sometimes find it difficult to wear. I considered wearing this for a patriotic concert but couldn't decide on pants or a skirt to go with it. I decided to send it back and save my money for my next fix.

The next top I tried on was the 19 Cooper Camio Wrap Tie Blouse in red, $58.


I really love red, I think it looks good on almost everyone. I think my wintery completion does well in primary colors. Unfortunately, I don't have the figure to fill this top out.


On the right person, I think this blouse would be great with a pencil skirt or some high waisted denim. But there was just way too much material for me to pull it off. 

I LOVE this fabric and I'd love to see more from this brand.
However, I think for the summer I'm going to need to focus more on casual pieces.

The last item is the most patriotic of all.
It is the Pixley Alston Bow Strap Blouse in red, white and blue, $48.


Unfortunately, this tank didn't work for all the same reasons a very similar top didn't work in my last fix. It's sheer, which I have no problem with because I always wear a camisole. But finding undergarments is difficult for the narrow cut on the shoulders on this one. Also, the wide stripes aren't flattering on my shape.


Even though I am sending back most of the box, I am very happy to have another great Stitch Fix top to add to my wardrobe. Stitch Fix makes returning really easy, I just threw the items I wasn't keeping in the prepaid envelope and put it in my mailbox. 

The Croft top I kept was $68, but because a friend signed up for Stitch Fix I received a $25 credit so I spent $48 after taxes. I think this is a great price for a name brand piece I know is going to last.

If you think you'd like to try Stitch Fix I would love it if you used my referral. I receive a small commission which allows me to keep trying out new subscription box services. Here's the link:

Let me know if you try it, I hope you love it as much as I do!

Have a glorious 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. You looked great in the skinny jeans! Should have kept them!

    ReplyDelete