Monday, April 27, 2015

Popbasic Review and Coupon

People used to tell me they'd spend hours on Facebook, and I thought they were crazy, because what on earth can you do on Facebook all day, I asked myself. That was, until I found facebook groups. One of my biggest time wasters these days is a spinoff of Golden Tote called "Follow the Golden Tote Road." Not a total waste, this is where I found out about Popbasic for the very first time.

Popbasic is relatively new to the online shopping scene.
In 2013, founders Madeline & Coen had the brilliant idea to curate microcollections
of high quality clothing & accessory basics, following the latest trends.

Every Popbasic box contains 1-2 wardrobe staples such as a tee, tank or dress
AND 1-2 matching accessories. Prices range from $50-100 a box.

So, the best thing ever happened last week. My friend Leslie had an extra dress from the Popbasic Amelie collection and posted it in our Facebook group. I had been wanting to try Popbasic for ages, so I jumped at the opportunity to try out this dress. I LOVE it, and Leslie was right. Popbasic lives up to the expectation, their clothes are really well made.


I don't know where to start as far as telling you how much I love this dress.
The material is like butter, the Paula Deen of fabric. Next time I go fabric shopping I am looking for this stuff and making everything out of it. I took a photo to share.


They had me at stripes. And the length on the arm, knee and flattering pleat at the waist
are perfect for this tired mommy of 4.

So, I headed over to the Popbasic website because I wanted more!

Did I mention that Popbasic collections are available in limited quantity, and they sell out quick!
I realized, I had missed out on so many great deals!
If only I had a time machine...

 I took a chance and wrote to the lovely folks at Popbasic, who kindly directed me to the Popbasic calendar, regularly updated with their release dates. I subscribed to the Google Calendar in hopes of never missing another opportunity! (You can also subscribe through  iphone, mac, or Microsoft Office here: https://popbasic.com/calendar)

And then, the icing on the cake. They sent me the soldout Ariel collection for review!
I am just blown away. Truly, so grateful. I think my expression says it all.


I didn't even have to change clothes. These colors go perfectly with just about everything in my closet.
The gray tank is very versatile, and came just in time for a heat wave.

And the jewelry, it's like the grown up version of the pretties I played with as a little girl.
I'm finding it difficult to capture the beauty of these lovely layering necklaces.


I can't decide which one I like more!
The sapphire blue is so rich, and the iridescent clear jewels really sparkle in the sunlight.
I can see myself wearing these pieces, both together and separate, for years to come.

As if this weren't enough, The box also contained a little surprise from Pinrose,
5 petals pack luxury fragrance sachets!


I just chased a rainbow on Ebay, thinking about all of the things I have to go find now to hold myself over until the next Popbasic microcollection release!

In the mean time, Popbasic does sell a few individual articles in their shop.
This gray clutch with striped lining is killing me right now!



If you aren't already, following Popbasic on Facebook is a must.
They are always giving away fun stuff like brunch, one of their fabulous accessories, or a bouquet of flowers. Turns out, for me, this is the easiest way to stay on top of release dates since I am calendar challenged.

I also have a bookmark for Popbasic on Polyvore, their items are perfect for sets!

If you decide to shop Popbasic, don't forget to use my referral!
Not only will I get a little store credit, you'll get $15 to spend, too!

Follow this link to get started:

Don't forget to come back here and tell me what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment