Thursday, May 14, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #5 May 2015

I can't believe I am reviewing my 5th Stitch Fix box!
This is also my 5th box with my Traci, my personal stylist,
and I am constantly impressed by her ability to fulfill my requests
while also surprising me.

If this is the first you've heard of Stitch Fix,
it is a subscription box clothing service for women.
While they do offer a monthly or bi-monthly subscription,
you may choose to try just one box, no commitments!

For just $20 a box (styling fee) you are matched with a personal stylist
who reviews your style profile, sizes and special requests
and puts together a box of 5 goodies.

Shipping is free. You keep what you like, and send the rest back
in the provided pre-paid envelope via USPS!
The $20 styling fee is deducted from your total if you decide to keep anything.
If you keep it all (like me) you get 25% off your total!

Stitch Fix offers tops, pants, dresses, skirts and all sorts of accessories.
For May I requested more tops and/or cardigans similar to the
Amil V-Neck Blouse and Brixon Ivy Pinson Drape Cardigan from my last few boxes,
and maybe a casual, midi dress. Traci nailed it!


I loved everything so much, I didn't know what to try on first!
For some reason I gravitated toward this.


Just recently I found out that Stitch Fix sends a camisole with sheer tops like this one.
Isn't that nice? This is the Sweet Rain Lucio Blouse in purple.
Pardon my silly face. They keep the photo sessions light with the photographer.


Love the colors, pattern, and style of this top! It reminds me of confetti.
Had to show you a close up since the other photos just didn't seem to be doing it justice.



Unfortunately the seam at the bottom of the top had zero give, which resulted in
a sort of parachute effect at the waist. I sold it in my facebook buy, sell, trade group
in less than 10 minutes.

I was a little sad, but the other 2 tops worked out perfectly!
I am particularly fond of this Pixley Ivy Petal Print Blouse.
This is one of my favorite color combinations: navy, coral and white.


This is the perfect solution to my floral print problems.
I want to love florals, but sometimes they look like they belong in a museum.
I think it's really more geometric than floral.


I wore it for mother's day. I realized after seeing these pictures
I cannot wear it with my favorite jeans.
I wore it with some orangey-red boot cut corduroys I had from back in the day,
but they were too matchy and yet way off.
So, it being mother's day, I ordered myself some white jeans.

Yes, I said white. I can't take it anymore, everyone else is doing it!
They go with everything! I ordered my usual Loft, curvy (also love modern) straight jeans.
I'm sure you'll see them in many pictures in the future.



I told Traci I needed a long sleeve navy cardigan and I got the same one my Mom had in her 2nd fix!
She says she regrets sending it back, so even though I am not sure I love it, I am holding onto it.
It's just a little tiny bit long.

This is the 41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan.


 I do love the drape, it lays perfectly. And it definitely works with my next top!


If it were any shorter the "tail" would stick out,
which I didn't realize until I looked through my photos.


The cardigan also passed the "over-the-sleeve" test.
Who needs a cardigan that looks like a sausage casing? Not me.
This one has plenty of room, without feeling baggy.

Enough about the cardigan, isn't this Skies are Blue Avila V-Neck Blouse cute?
There are so many reasons this works for me.



It's light colored, which usually washes me out, but it has enough print to balance it out.
I love the pops of color, and the long lines are flattering.


It fits perfectly, and it's a great weight for summer.
It works with the Pinson drape cardigan, too, don't you think?


I wish I'd had as much luck with this Le Lis Nene Striped Midi, but the sizing was off.
Regardless, the stripe wasn't bold enough to offset the white, and I looked extra pasty.
I don't think the length is particularly flattering, but I did ask for it.


I love the concept.
It would have looked great with a bright belt or cardigan
or some cute red shoes.


And if you can pull it off, it's a great length for moms (always bending over)

It was easy to sell, I had several offers.


Altogether I was very pleased with this month's box of goodies!


The prices were reasonable, especially after the 25% discount for keeping it all.


If you'd like to try Stitch Fix I'd love it if you used my referral!

I receive a small amount of money if you order a box using my link,
which I will happily turn around and spend on Stitch Fix next month!

Please feel free to pin my photos to your style boards on Pinterest
to share with your Stitch Fix stylists!

If you'd like to read about my past fixes or other subscription boxes click here.

Be sure to leave your comments below.
I'm considering a Stitch Fix giveaway, what do you think?
Who wants to try Stitch Fix for freeeee??!!

4 comments:

  1. i love your fix, i have already pinned three of the items. I have the abrianna cardigan in the pink/purple but now I want it in the navy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, too! I really feel like my stylist gets me. I look forward to every box! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic fix. I adore every single one of those tops. You can't go wrong with the 41 Hawthorn cardigans. I got one in an orange color in the fall and have been tempted to request one in another color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing! I love navy, seems to go with everything and will be good year round. I hadn't thought about these coming in so many colors!

    ReplyDelete