Thursday, March 28, 2019

My 25th Stitch Fix

You read that right, I've received 25 curated, mystery, surprise boxes from Stitch Fix! That means I've received 125 items. It all started back in December of 2014 just one month after the birth of my 4th and final child. There I was in my mid 30s thinking "Am I ever going to wear clothes I love again?" And I did, thanks to Stitch Fix.

Life has certainly changed since then. I quit my job, I worked for Stitch Fix, and now I'm a jewelry merchandiser! The kids are a little older, I have time to shop and my body seems to have stopped changing. I thought I'd be over Stitch Fix by now, but there are still a few reasons I keep doing it.

1. There isn't a better place for jeans. Having seen their inventory, you'd be amazed how many sizes, shapes, colors, brands, and styles of jeans they have. If you are having a hard time finding the right fit, try it for yourself and see!

2. I still love getting happy mail. I'm a low risk type of gal and really, $20 isn't the end of the world for finding high quality jeans and other things.

Let's get real, if I can carve out an hour for myself these days, I'd rather spend it wandering Trader Joe's or an antique store than the drudgery of shopping for jeans in a store. And I ALWAYS come up empty handed. Add to that, gas money spent + the purchase of other things I don't need from Marshall's and Stitch Fix actually saves me money. 

Keep in mind, the $20 fee goes towards a purchase if you keep anything.

So here's what my $25 Stitch Fix included:







Stitch Fix sends these fun style cards and notes to help you get the most out of your Fix.


I'm sure you're wondering about the prices. I selected "The cheaper the better" when filling out my style profile. I think some of the tops are overpriced but the prices of Stitch Fix jeans, pants, accessories, dresses, sweaters and jackets are comparable to department store prices.


While I find the prices reasonable, moreso with the buy it all discount, I'm a stickler for fit and excitement and decided not to keep anything this time around. I kind of regret not keeping the sweater as the fit was there. I think it was very flattering and feminine, but the color just wasn't me. The burgundy Henley was just a tad short and as usual, the dolman fit lacked the structure I need. The black top was an exact replica of a shirt that hung in my closet for ages, unworn. I think I never wore it because it didn't cover my chest enough.

The jeans were a total win, except on size. The Mavi were a size too big (these run large) and the Studio Blue were several inches too short (which might have worked if they were tapered). I was overall excited that the jeans were so close to perfect and immediately scheduled my next Fix!

If you'd like to try Stitch Fix for yourself I'd appreciate it if you used my referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/melanierhoades?sod=w&som=c

Love my jewelry? You can find the Blooms of Kyoto necklace here in ivory, red or black, and so much more: https://www.chloeandisabel.com/boutique/melanierhoades

Happy Spring! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete