Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Procrastination Pays Off

At least that's what I like to tell myself. Putting off laundry = large loads = more efficient load of laundry, right? Wednesday is catch up day for me, and today I feel like I've been very efficient, hehe.

I did finally get around to a few of my business resolutions. I've updated my Etsy banner, added the new Pantone Sprint 2013 Color Palette to my designs, even sent out an e-Newsletter. The list of things to do for my shop is endless, but I'm working diligently and it's paying off. I feel very blessed.

About those other resolutions, I'm working on those, too. Putting them on the blog has really helped motivate me. Here's how it's going so far:

Goal 1: Invite more people into my home
No formal plans yet, but I've been stirring ideas around in my head. I'm thinking regular game nights with some people from church. Maybe some churros? Did I mention my husband made me churros? So sweet, both the churros and my husband.

Recipe Here
Goal 2: Get my children involved in more activities
This one isn't as easy as I thought it would be. How do people do this? I looked into half a dozen water polo and basketball leagues for Eleanor and I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a sport that doesn't conflict with violin. I'm hoping this one gets easier when she gets to junior high and the school has teams. For now I'm must trying to get them outside more, to the park or in the backyard. The weather has been nicer which has made this more enjoyable for me.




Goal 3: Make more meals from scratch
I packed my refrigerator and freezer so I wouldn't be tempted to eat out as much, but I haven't made nearly as much progress in this area as I'd like. I'm a little stumped by the fact that so many recipes I come across either have a ton of ingredients I don't keep on hand, or I don't think my kids will eat it. They did like the baked beans I made from dried beans (a first for me) but they were a bit sweet for me. I also went back to some old favorites, including home made build-your-own taco salads. I really think if I'm going to be more successful in this area, the next goal has got to happen.


Goal 4: Work Less
Would you believe right after I wrote my post about resolutions I found out my per diem job is changing? I've been working Tuesdays or Thursdays there for a little over a year. Now they've gone and hired a more regular employee and pushed me to weekends. I wonder if God isn't trying tell me to give this one up.

Goal 5: Encourage people
2 steps forward, 1 step back. While I have made some effort to say more encouraging things to people, I've also stuck my foot in my mouth a few times over the last week. The devil is trying to keep me from this goal, and it's making me kinda angry. This is a life goal, I know He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it.

Goal 6: Pray
Fail. Ughh. Why is this one so hard? While I haven't really been formally praying, I do find myself more thankful. Amazingly, I have managed to keep up with writing in a daily journal. It's helped me to remain positive and thankful for the blessing of each day. If you've never tried this before, I highly recommend it. I know I'll cherish it forever.

Here are a few entries I thought you may enjoy:

January 4th "I hope I never forget how cute it was watching George chase the others with a light stick"

January 11th "Already time to order [Suzuki violin] book 4, so proud!"

January 13th "Bought a pea coat. Paul said I look like Kate Middleton"

January 18th "Tonight George said 'night night' for the first time, just like his big sister"

No comments:

Post a Comment