Saturday, July 2, 2011

Next Up Bedesisters!

I am pleased to introduce Kay and Lori, owners of bedesisters. They make fantastic fabric bins, diaper bags, purses, totes, and Christmas stockings. Their use of red, white and blue put me in the holiday spirit!
Small Fabric Bins made from a vintage quilt top

Kay took some time to tell us about her Etsy business:


Q: What is the most popular item in your shop?
A: It depends on the season. For most of the year, it's the fabric baskets. I also do custom sizes and fabrics. Last Christmas, my stockings made from vintage quilts were a hit.


Q: What is the best business decision you ever made?
A: My best decision, I think, is offering custom work. People love to have something uniquely theirs. They can express their own style and I love to be a part of that process.

Q: Worst?
A: I've tried to do to many things (I still struggle with this!). I've found more success as I've focused on a few things I can do well.


Q: How do you come up with new ideas? 
 A: I look at what others are doing, not to copy, but to see color trends or themes. One of my favorite things to do for inspiration is to search for quilts, both new and vintage. I don't make quilts, but the colors and designs stir my creative side.

Q: What is the best compliment your shop/you have received?
A: I love it when customers like what I've made for them, but my all time favorite compliment was about our customer service:

"Excellent, speedy, responsive customer service when I had a problem placing my order. Thanks!"



Bedesisters is offering a 15% discount to our readers! Use the code MODERNBLOG at checkout.


Thanks Kay and Lori!


-Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment