Sunday, May 3, 2015

Stitch Fix Review: Mother's Day Edition May 2015

When you love something, you want to share it with everyone.
It seemed only natural to share my new favorite place to shop with my Mom.
When she finally decided to try Stitch Fix, she said she was really excited about it because she was getting pretty desperate for new things to wear.

If you're new to Stitch Fix and wondering how it all works, 
you can read about it in my past reveals here (but feel free to ask questions):

In short, for just $20 (the styling fee) Stitch Fix sends you 5 items based on your personal profile in a fun little box. Keep what you like and send the rest back! If you keep all 5, you get 25% off the total! If you keep any item, the $20 fee goes toward your purchase. Shipping is free both ways. It's a great way to try things you would have never have thought to try before!

Mom's first box came in April and she had a lot of fun trying it on.
There were a few sizing and fit issues, which can sometimes happen with a first run.
But she loved the clothes enough to try again.

I scheduled her 2nd fix just in time for Mother's Day, hoping she'd find a couple of new favorite pieces because she deserves a treat. After all, she has tolerated me for 35 years!


Her box came a few days early, which was nice because it came on a Friday (was supposed to come Monday). She has until Thursday to try everything out with the clothes in her closet and decide what to keep and what to return.

Her stylist, Erika, really listened to the feedback we left last time. Several of the items from the first box were in the highest part of Mom's price range, and this time around the clothes were a little more economical. If she decides to keep all 5, the total is about $200 after the 25% discount.
If she decides to keep 3 or 4, I'll likely sell whatever is left on my
Facebook Stitch Fix Buy Sell Trade Group. This way, everyone benefits from the discount!

On to the box. We asked for tops, outerwear and/or pants
and opted out of dresses & accessories. 

Last month Mom's stylist sent the Margaret M Emer pants everyone is going nuts over.
And of course, my Mom loved them. But they just weren't the right fit.
So we asked for another pair of pants to try. They also sent a cute cardigan last month,
but it was too plain.

This month she sent the Liverpool Collen Straight Leg Jeans & this really unique
Market & Spruce Alan French Terry Asymmetrical Cardigan. Both were a hit!


My mom can't get enough of black, and she loved the weight of this sweater.
She kept saying how heavy the box felt, and this sweater alone probably added a solid pound.
Erika also instinctually sent this sleeveless top, the Collective Concepts Malibu Blouse,
which pairs very well with the cardigan.


Here's a pic of the sweater on a hanger, in case you feel the urgent need to pin.



Here's a link to the pants, too, which you might recall seeing in my last fix.

In April's Stitch Fix, Mom received a dolman shirt which she loved (so much that she couldn't remember why she didn't keep it) but I remember her saying it was tight in the arms.
This time around they sent the Market & Spruce Sawyer Space Dye Dolman Sleeve Knit Top in a really pretty dark green, and my mom absolutely loved the material and the color.


Unfortunately it was too long, and I think maybe even too big. If only these items had been petites!
She and I both often buy tops in petites when the fit just doesn't seem right.

I should stop for a minute and just say how much I appreciate my Mom.
I really miss the days when she and I had time (and probably more money)
to shop together and talk about clothes. If she hadn't become a pharmacist,
she would have made a killer designer, she has great sense of style.
Sharing this experience with her was like old times.

Love you Mom.

Last thing to show you is the Pixley Bixby Dot Print 3/4 Tab Sleeve Blouse.
Funny thing was, I had created a Pinterest board for my Mom to share with her stylist and this was on it, but I never linked it to her profile. Her stylist totally read our minds!
My mom asked for more prints, and loves geometric patterns.

This is another one that would have been great in a petite. Love the navy and green!


Isn't my Mom pretty? I think so.

If you'd like to treat your Mom to Stitch Fix for Mother's Day,
I'd love it if you used my referral:

I receive a small commission, but wouldn't recommend it if I didn't totally love it!
I'm getting my next fix this week, just in time for a little Mother's Day reward myself!

By the way, if you try Stitch Fix and refer your friends,
you'll get $25 in credit towards your next fix for every friend who orders a box!

My Mom mentioned that after getting her first box she found herself trying new things out
when she went shopping. Just yesterday, she wore a top very similar to one she got in her first fix, and I know she wouldn't have given it the time of day before she tried Stitch Fix.
Wish I'd gotten a picture, she wore it well!

Instead, here's a cute little picture to look at.
Baby legs, courtesy of my Mom's 9th and final grandchild.


Thank you Mom for being a good sport and letting me blog about you.
I can't wait to see what you get in your next fix!

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Just chiming in to agree--when I saw the first picture of your mom, I said, "Oh, she's so pretty!" I'm sure she's many other things as well: smart, kind, loving, fun to be around--but she's pretty, too. It's clear you enjoy each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth! I should disclose, my daughter did the photography, which I knew would get a ton more smiles. We all had fun doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful and looks beautiful! I haven't seen a Stitch Fix review for a different generation; neat to see what they send. Also cool that she gets style education based on what they send her. JJ

    ReplyDelete