Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happy Mother's Day + Spotlight on DK Designs on Etsy

Wedding season is in full swing and my Etsy shop is super busy with bridal shower tags, graduation party supplies and wedding favor labels. Between that, baseball season, the end of the school year and AWANA, it would be easy to come up with excuses instead of Mother's Day gifts.

But the more years I spend as a Mother myself, the more I realize the sacrifice many women in my life have made for their families. I've been looking for ways to express my gratitude and thought I'd share a few with you.

The first thing I thought of was corsages, but as you know their beauty fades. Recently I noticed a trend in polymer clay flowers in the Etsy Weddings Section. Genious, right? Gorgeous flowers that last forever, a keepsake of your special day.

So I began looking for a local maker as I was a bit pressed for time. I narrowed the search and found an Etsy seller in my own backyard, DK Designs.

I was ecstatic when Diane messaged me back saying she could work with my requests. I was looking for 3 delicate corsages in specific colors, and needed them quickly. Before I knew it, they arrived on my porch, carefully packaged in cute little gift boxes.







After I'd ordered these pretty little flowers I began to look through Diane's Etsy shop and noticed she has been featured on Martha Stewart. Naturally, I did the stalkery thing and found this video. I probably watched it years ago. Amazing, right?

The colors in each arrangement represent my children's birthstones. I can't wait to give them to special Mom's in my life as a token of my love and appreciation.

I'm also working on a few DIY clay projects (nothing Martha Stewart worthy, but fun) for my sister and friends that I hope to have time to share with you later this week. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I want to wish all of the Mom's out there a blessed Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment