Saturday, March 14, 2015

Surprise, Surprise: Stitch Fix Review #3 March 2015

So I've become pretty active in Facebook groups created for buying, selling, and trading subscription box items. I just learned a new trick. It turns out, you can "peek" at your Stitch Fix, before it arrives. Simply click on "checkout survey" in the "Your fix is on it's way!" email.

So, here's a fact about me. Out of the 4 times I've been pregnant, I found out the gender beforehand ZERO times. Impressive, right? So I thought it would be easy to wait until my Fix arrived.

It wasn't easy, especially watching everyone else reveal their fixes on Facebook, and selling items I really wanted. But I waited. And waited. I almost looked once, but then I remembered why I started Stitch Fix in the first place.

Someone asked me the other day what it is I like about Stitch Fix.
For me, it isn't the convenience, because even as a mother of 4, I manage to find time here and there to shop. I would say it's the element of surprise!

I also love having someone with expertise in fashion style me, I need all the help I can get!

Here's what Traci sent:


Romolo Genevieve Stacked Chevron Pendant Necklace $28



So, I was definitely taken by surprise when Traci sent this necklace.
I had checked the boxes on my profile to let her know I didn't want to receive any jewelry.
But if you've seen my pinterest board lately, it's flooded with Stitch Fix jewelry.



You can thank my #enablers on my Facebook groups for that.
When I see the jewelry in their fixes I am super jealous!
So, Traci read my mind (rather my pinterest) and sent over this mixed metal necklace and I love it!
It goes really well with a lot of my new tunics and dresses, as you'll see later.

Pixley Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan $48




I specifically asked for an open cardigan with pockets and again Traci delivered!
I wonder if she caught on to my latest obsession with slub knits when she picked it out.


Above, I paired it with a cobalt short sleeve Daniel Rainn blouse I picked up from Marshall's this morning. This is another great thing about Stitch Fix, trying things on with what you already have.
Below, I styled the cardigan and the necklace with my Puella dress from Golden Tote.


Skies are Blue Amil V-Neck Blouse $48



I can definitely see the connection between this blouse and my feedback, as well as my pinterest board. I pin a lot of flowy tops, I love geometric shapes, the colors are great for me, and I love a 3/4 sleeve. I have other Skies are Blue items in my closet that I've purchased elsewhere.


My Mom gave me these Loft modern straight jeans for my birthday, and I wear them with everything.
I think this top looks great dressed up or down.

41Hawthorn Benson 3/4 Ruched Sleeve Blazer $78



Here's another item I recently pinned. It comes in many colors, but my stylist picked up on my affinity for navy. Something I didn't notice about it when I pinned it is the contrasting black stripe.
I likely would have never picked this out for myself in a store, but seeing it on other blogs sold me.


I love it when Stitch Fix sends items that can be worn together!
Traci was right, you've got to size up on this jacket. I think it fits well,
and I like that it emphasizes my waist.
I'm really loving this combination!



Papermoon Lexis Henley Knit Top $48



I specifically asked for more casual clothing. Did they know it would be 95 degrees in Southern California the day this arrived?! This also paired well with the blazer and fit very nicely.


Decision, decisions.
Since I like a good mystery, I didn't look at the prices until I was done trying on the clothes.
I like to keep an open mind.


Very reasonable indeed!
Think I should keep it all, for the 25% discount? 
$187.50 is pretty good for 5 quality pieces.

I'd love your opinions! Have you received the same pieces? Have any styling suggestions?
What should I ask for next?

I receive a small commission when you sign up with my link.
There's no commitment to sign in and check it out. If you schedule a box they take a $20 styling fee. If you keep anything they deduct the styling fee from the cost.
Shipping is free both ways!
Let me know if you decide to try it, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Additional Stitch Fix Reviews:

Happy styling!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, keep it all! Very reasonable pricing for these 5 pieces. I love the patterns and how you've mixed and styled them, and now you've inspired me to go pin a couple of these pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My Stitch Fix stylist made it easy :)

      Delete
  2. Cute fix! I just got my 8th fix this month and although I only kept 1 item this time, I was happy because the pants I kept are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you get a monthly fix. I just scheduled my Stitch Fix to come once a month, too! Now, let's see if I can wait and not bump it up! I'm so jealous of all the spring dresses I'm seeing in everyone else's posts! By the way, I'm totally jealous of your figure, but I can see you work pretty hard for it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review! I love the sleeveless top they sent you, super cute! What is the name of the Facebook group you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sleeveless top has been repinned 253 times in just a few weeks! I believe it comes in a few other patterns.

      The facebook group is called Stitch Fix B/S/T and discussion, https://www.facebook.com/groups/716325188437218/

      Watch out, one you join, you will be addicted!

      Delete