Friday, June 5, 2015

Stitch Fix Review June 2015

It's June, are you kidding me?! I can't believe my 6th Stitch Fix just showed up. I started getting this subscription shortly after my little one was born, and he just passed the 6 month mark! It is bitter sweet, seeing my 4th and final teeny tiny grow so fast.

As you can imagine, I don't have a whole lot of time for fancying myself up! When I do, I am happy to have accumulated many lovely items from Stitch Fix that I dearly love. So, this time around I asked for tshirts and tanks to wear with jeans for everyday use. I also mentioned I have a patriotic concert coming up, and wouldn't mind another dress. My personal stylist is so attentive, see for yourself!

She sent me not 1, not 2, but 3 casual tops! Technically, she sent 4, since the patriotic blouse works both ways, too. And I can't believe the price on the dress!

 

Don't you just love the colors? Such a refreshing change from the typical black and white tees in most stores. I was immediately drawn to this pretty pattern, and I knew immediately which top it was.


It's the Pixley Edmond Henley Knit Top in Teal Green for $54.


This blouse is a huge hit in the Facebook buy, sell, trade and discussion group,
especially with moms. I can see why! It's super soft, and easy to throw on with jeans,
just like this next little number.


This lovely little grey top is the Market & Spruce Memphis Lace Overlay Knit Shirt for $58.
This is a great layering piece, and could easily be dressed up or down.


It has that feminine, romantic feel without being overly so.
I threw on a popbasic necklace for a little bit of color.


I love wearing several neutrals together, and grey is one of my favorites.
But goodness, I do have a lot of grey, almost as much as I do navy!
Which is why I was so excited to see this next little gem.


Not too long ago I read an article on the Stitch Fix blog about one of their buyers, and she mentioned these as her favorite tee. It's another Market & Spruce, the Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee for $44.


This tee has a unique cut, straight across the front and low in the back.
I think this would be cute sticking out of the back of a utility jacket or cardigan, don't you?


They are made from the same stretchy, yet smooth material as the Corinna dolman everyone asks for.
It has a heathered look about it.


This next item is something new I haven't seen in other reveals, and is the perfect answer to my call for something patriotic! I'm not usually one to dress the part, but I have to perform in a 4th of July concert and needed something to coordinate with my navy wide leg trousers from Loft.

This is the Fun2Fun Hobson Scoop Neck Blouse red, white and navy blue for $44.


I am kind of obsessed with stripes, my kids are wearing them 90% of the time!
I used to be terrified of wearing them, but I've found a few pieces that work with my pear shape.
I'm just not sure this one does.

 

Here's what I wish was going on with it, some narrowing at the waist.
But it may just be that thick red stripe across my hips causing the problem.


Then I remembered my navy 41Hawthorn Benson Blazer from my 3rd Stitch Fix which I'd probably wear with it anyway since I'm always cold. This jacket adds width at the shoulder where I need it, and detracts from the hip area, don't you think?


Last, and straight from my Pinterest Style Board,
the 41Hawthorn Jace Dot Print Fit & Flare Dress in Blue!


I could not believe the price on this fully lined dress, just $48!
I am loving this cut, from the conservative neckline to the perfectly placed pleats.
The length is just right for my 5'6" frame.


I NEVER show my profile, but I'm actually pretty impressed at the way the style of this dress hides my problem areas. It's pretty rare for me to find a dress that doesn't either gape at the armholes or squeeze my thighs, as I'm a small on top and medium on bottom. I'm impressed!


I love dots almost as much as I love stripes, especially tiny ones.
I had to show you a close up of this pattern.


Now for the hard part, deciding what to keep!

If this is your first time hearing about Stitch Fix, here are a few facts.
Stitch Fix is a subscription for women's clothing and accessories. They sends 5 surprise items straight to your door! You are assigned a personal stylist who reviews your style profile and picks out items for you based on your requests, likes and dislikes. Keep what you'd like, send the rest back!
Shipping is free both ways. When the box heads your way, you pay a $20 styling fee.
If you keep anything from your fix, that fee is put toward the cost.

If you keep all 5 items, you receive a 25% discount!
With the discount this fix would be just $186!

If you do decide to try Stitch Fix, I'd love it if you used my referral.
I receive a small commission which allows me to continue subscribing to and blogging about
my all time favorite subscription box!

Here's the link:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your feedback about my fix!
If you'd like, visit the subscription box tab at the top of the page for other Stitch Fix reviews.

Have a stylish day!

4 comments:

  1. Loved everything in your box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EVERyTHING - that dress I need to find

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that dress in my last fix! I was convinced that it wouldn't look good on anyone, but it looks FABULOUS on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I love the dot fabric on that cute dress
    -Mrs PJ

    ReplyDelete